Technology: Blue Nite® biological denitrification
- Nitrate removal to <1 mg/L
- Unique patented control system
- Lowest capital and O&M
- Eliminates upsets, gas bumps, and high rate backwash cycling
- Approved for water reuse under California Title 22/Class 1A
- Municipal wastewater treatment
- Industrial nitrate mitigation
- Existing treatment facilities needing end-of-pipe denitrification
- Blue PRO® installations for total nutrient Removal
- Bellefonte PA
- Aztec NM
- Indian Head MD
Your challenge: Meeting your nitrate and Total Nitrogen limits
Fully denitrify your wastewater: If you have nitrate or total nitrogen limits (or anticipate future limits and want to be ready), you need a system that can efficiently remove nitrates.
Save space, time and money: Within the tight budgets imposed upon municipalities, implement an effective solution that doesn’t break the capital expenditures bank or multiply operating expenditures down the road.
Our technology: Blue Nite® biological denitrification
Nexom is the exclusive provider of Blue Nite biological denitrification, a simple, powerful technology for consistently lowering nitrates to <1 mg/L NOx-N. Blue Nite uses Nexom's Centra-flo® granular media filtration as an attached-growth platform in which heterotrophic bacteria can thrive and fully denitrify influent nitrates.
Why do you need a Blue Nite system? Because nitrate and total nitrogen limits are proliferating in updated discharge permits across the continent, and the Blue Nite system provides a modular, end-of-pipe solution that means you never need to worry about whether you can meet your nitrate levels again.
Implementing Blue Nite biological denitrification has been shown to:
- Reduce nitrates to <1 mg/L
- Accommodate high or fluctuating influent nitrate levels
- Work with alternative carbon sources, such as glycerin and acetate
- Work simultaneously in the same vessel with Blue PRO® reactive filtration for phosphorus removal to provide total nutrient removal.